Let me tell you about the weekend I just had...
Friday I took Julie home with me. We went out to Mawmaw and Pawpaw's, where she got to ride in an airplane, and I got to visit. :) We had steak when the rest of my family arrived. And then Julie and my family headed for the Matagorda County Rodeo! This is one of those small town rodeos, where the people attending are actually cowboys. I love this rodeo. They play awesome music, have some WAY cute cowboys (Julie especially enjoyed that part), and just great times for all. Of course my mother and I had to have a funnel cake, it's tradition. And I, for once, did not wear dark clothing! (The powdered sugar can make quite a mess...)
Then! On Saturday I got to sleep in semi-late (big blessing!), and hang out some with my awesome momma. She went and got us breakfast tacos and we got to watch a couple good movies.
Then the big event began! Julie and I went to Rodeo Houston to see Jason Aldean! We ate chocolate covered strawberries on a stick, sausage on a stick, and some delicious nachos, this was a VERY good weekend food wise. We got to walk around and look at some exhibits, but the crowds were so awful we eventually just gave up and went into the rodeo. We got to see the grand entry, and the events (bull riding is my favorite :D) and then the wonderful concert.
Jason Aldean did a great job. He's one of those artists you don't realize has so many hits until you know he's the one singing them. But we both loved the concert.
Then we headed back and watched Gladiator at Jonathan's! Julie had never seen it, so I had to introduce her to it's epic-ness :)
Anyways, I better go study now :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment