Monday, August 23, 2010

The last week before the end

It's my last week of summer... Most people will start back to school tomorrow, my brother started last Wednesday. But I have one more week of freedom left! So what will I do with that week? I will hang out with family for the first two days, then go back to College Station to work for the rest of the week and study for this GRE. Which, by the way, I am taking on Saturday. So a week without school, but still a week of studying. I don't think I planned that one with the wisest of thought processes... :)
But I have had way fun down here with the family! I spent a couple days with my aunt. Playing board games and dominoes with her two precious boys. And I was able to go to dinner with one of my besties! And of course eat dinner in front of some classic movies with the family! It's been a splendid break from life in College Station, but I am most definitely ready to get this senior year in swing.
I can't believe I am saying that! I can't believe I am gearing up for my SENIOR year! It really does seem like it was just yesterday that I was moving into the dorm for the first time and feeling like I was just there for camp and that I should be heading home any day. I think I even took a picture of myself on the first day of school to continue with the old tradition my mom had started. I was ridiculous and studied all the time and didn't know there was anything else to do. And then the next year I put studies on the back burner to fun! I think I've finally figured out that balance, but it's gonna be an awesome year.
The football team is home more than they are away this year. And I'm planning on going to at least one of every sport! I'm excited about every part of this upcoming year, except maybe the Math classes...
It's gonna be a year filled with lessons in and out of the classroom I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment